Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kitchen Series

Did you know that herbs in your kitchen cabinets or spice racks can be used for more than just spicing up your meals? Cinnamon, rosemary, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, parsley and others all can be used to treat ailments, prevent certain conditions and much more.

For about a year now I have been reading books, websites and other blogs about herbs and their medicinal uses. Some herbs I didn't even know existed in the world and some I can't even properly pronounce! It's nice to have this new, interesting knowledge but sometimes I just want to know - what can I do with the stuff I already have?

I will start my new blog career off with a 10 part Kitchen Series - a blog post dedicated to one herb you most likely already have and if you don't, you can just visit your local grocery store and pick some up.

Be on the look out for the first Kitchen Series herb - Rosemary!

1 comment: